Commissioned by: CeRDI
Length: 13:11 minutes
We are in an era where communities can interact with data in ways that were impossible to imagine a few short decades ago. While there are undoubted public benefits from accumulating, federating and aggregating data, both government and private institutional data use has in recent times been highly controversial, raising important questions about access, rights and community interest in the new digital and geospatial age.
Commissioned by the Centre for eResearch and Digital Information (CeRDI) at Federation University Australia, this short documentary aims to inform and inspire discussion on the issues of fairness, access, sharing and communicating data in the technological era.
It features Paul Box (CSIRO), Associate Professor Peter Dahlhaus (CeRDI), George Fong (ex-Internet Australia), Professor Richard Sinnott (University of Melbourne) and Dr Gillian Sparkes (Victorian Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability).
ScreeningsLaunch screening, panel discussion and networking drinks: Monday 8 April 2019, 5:30pm-7:15pm, Room 106, The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) 1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf VIC 3006.
- Featuring :
- George Fong, Professor Richard Sinnott, Dr Gillian Sparkes, Paul Box and Associate Professor Peter Dahlhaus
- Matthew Currell and Kirsten McKenna
- Directed by:
- Jary Nemo
- Written and Produced by:
- Lucinda Horrocks and Jary Nemo
- Executive Producer:
- Associate Professor Helen Thompson
- ‘CSIRONET’ (1985) Film Footage Courtesy of:
- Stock Footage and Photography Courtesy of:
- CSIRO Publishing, Pexels, Pixabay, PxHere, NASA Images, Victorian Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability
- Spherical Piano by Magnetize Music (via Premium Beat)
- With thanks to:
- Jessica Anderson, Craig Briody, Jennifer Corbett, Birgita Hansen, Jenny Jelbart, Robert Milne, Angela Murphy, Erin Seymour, Emily Ross, CSIRO Science Image, the Office of the Victorian Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability, and the Ballarat Technology Park.
- This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Acknowledgement of country:
- Film production took place on the land of the Wadawurrung people of the Kulin Nation. We acknowledge their traditional ownership of country and pay respects to Elders past, present and future.
- Produced by:
- Wind & Sky Productions www.windsky.com.au
- Commissioned by:
- Commissioned by the Centre for eResearch and Digital Innovation (CeRDI), Federation University Australia www.cerdi.edu.au
- Copyright with:
- © CeRDI 2018